Bloom Candle Care
- Always keep the candle in sight, extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep.
- Ensure all candles are on a stable, heat resistant surface.
- Keep candles away from any fire hazards such as furniture, curtains etc.
- Keep candles out of reach from children & pets.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room, don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a “tight” home where air exchange is limited.
- Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle when the wax is liquid.
DON’T BURN A CANDLE ALL THE WAY DOWN:
Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains or ½ inch if in a container. Once the candle gets this stage there is not enough wax to absorb the heat, ensure you discard the candle and don’t relight. This can cause your flame to heat the glass directly, which could, in turn, cause the glass to smash.
TRIM THE WICK:
Trim candlewicks to ¼ inch each and every time before burning. Do not burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time. If you want to continue burning a candle extinguish the wick after 4 hours, allow the wax to cool, trim the wick and then relight. If you fail to trim the wick before each burn/if you burn the candle for too long this can cause the wick to become too long and heavy and in turn it will begin to sink. You will usually notice this has happened if the wick has fallen to one side of the jar. Once the wick has sunk you will struggle to relight the candle. If you notice the wick sinking, extinguish the wick, whilst the wax is still melted safely use a heat resistant tool to straighten the wick back up, then allow to cool and trim the wick before lighting again.
When not using your candles store them in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. If candles are kept in sunlight they may discolour.