Hello Hooga fans...
We thought we would start of with a blog about our all time FAVOURITE beach. It may not be the largest town in the world in, fact it doesn't even have a McDonalds...and that is exactly why we love it!
Everything about Tenby is relaxing. The small streets lined with colourful old buildings, the incredible views from the harbour and the small local companies that invest and support each other. You really do feel like you are a million miles away from any worry and stress. It is a place, in fact THEE place that we would recommend anyone to go to, to clear their minds and simply relax. You honestly become so lost in the beauty of the small fishing village that you forget even your biggest worries.
From one of the largest beaches I have ever seen, (which happened to be voted the 5th best beach in Europe!), to the mysterious St.Catherine's Island, (which just so happened to be "Sherrinford" in the latest episode of Sherlock), the insanely fresh seafood and the most friendly people around, Tenby is quite possibly the best place on earth.
The proof is in the pictures...
Oh and then there is the old lifeboat station that was transformed into a beautiful, one of a kind, home, which was featured on Grand Designs.
There are so many amazing small companies in Tenby. Of course we have to mention the Tenby Brewing Co. and The Harbwr Brewery. Both are fantastic home grown breweries ran by Ale enthusiasts. Harbwr Brewery is a micro brewery that is situated just above the Harbour!
A must see if you ever do visit Tenby! And whilst on the subject of beer, you NEED to visit the Sandbar Tap and Grill. Amazing beer and food and they even have games to spice things up...(oh and they stock the Tenby Brewing Co beer).
So Hooga's 5 favourite places to eat in Tenby:
- The lighthouse Kitchen
- The Hope and Anchor (Doesn't look much from the outside but my oh my)
- Top Joe's
- South Beach Bar & Grill (If you wish to dine with an incredible view!)
- The Sandbar Bar & Grill (As pictured above)
Hooga's favourite places to visit & things to see in Tenby:
- Manorbier Beach (On a choppy day the surfers head down there)
- St.Govens Chapel (MUST SEE! Just a short drive from Tenby harbour)
- Walk the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path
- Shop in Tenby's incredibly cute independent stores
- Visit Pembroke Castle
- Take a boat trip over to Caldey (Boats only run in summer months)
Hooga's top stays:
- The Lower Deck An absolutely beautiful holiday rental right in the harbour!
- Trefloyne Manor A family run boutique hotel situated just outside Tenby town
- Premier Inn Tenby Or for a very affordable break The Premier Inn is right in the centre of the town, the rooms are simple but clean and comfortable. Proper handy.
There are many cottages available in and around Tenby which you can find on FMB Holiday website.
Have I convinced you to visit?